August Bank Holiday can only mean one thing – International Beatleweek.
This is the fourth year I’ve had the pleasure of working with Cavern City Tours in photographing at International Beatleweek, in Liverpool. I find it an amazing blast, not just to work in such an incredible city, but to work in some amazing venues and to meet even more amazing people.
This year as well as catching up with lots of BW friends, I spent some time working closely with Japanese all-girl Beatle tribute band The Clover, photographing three of their gigs for them.
In addition to that, the rest of my five days in Liverpool were spent photographing The Royal Court stage shows, including the fantastic Cavern Club Beatles and an all star show led by Mark Hudson and of course working with Cavern resident band The Rockits.
Huge thanks to all involved in organising the event, particularly Jon, Bill, Dave, Phil, Julia, Kim, Paul, Victoria & Shanna at Cavern City Tours for their support and facilitation, thanks to The Rockits & WAGS for their hospitality too – and thanks to everyone else for being great subject matter!
Photographs of the event are on my website, organised by day. Hope you like them – Please get in touch to order copies.
If you would like to know more about me photographing live music or any other event, please do not hesitate to contact me.
- Friday 28th – Bombed Out Church / Cavern Club Beatles & Donovan at The Royal Court / The Rockits / The Starclubbers
- Saturday 29th – John Lennon Theatre Show at the Royal Court (including behind the scenes soundcheck images).
- Sunday 30th – Convention Day / The Clover at the Cavern Club / The Rockits with Mark Husdon.
- Monday 31st – The Overtures / The Original Quarrymen / ‘The Boys Who Knew The Lads’ with an all star cast, all from The Royal Court Theatre
- Tuesday 1st – The Rockits in The Cavern Club / Peter Asher